What is soft tissue mobilization?
Soft tissue mobilization is a general term used to describe different forms of massage therapy.
Your physiotherapist will use manual techniques to affect muscles and other soft tissues. Soft tissue mobilization is used to
- relax muscles
- promote healing and
- breakdown scar tissue
This brings down pain, improves movement and performance such as walking, standing, running and sports.
How does soft tissue mobilization help?
Soft tissue mobilization works by mobilizing muscles and therefore breaking up scar tissue. The mobilizations also help to remove waste products from the damaged area which increases the speed of the healing process.
Soft tissue mobilization also helps to release the tension in the muscle which increases flexibility and range of movement.
Who benefits from soft tissue mobilization?
Soft tissue mobilization can help to treat many conditions such as:
- Muscle injury
- Muscle spasm
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Scar tissue
Nigel is a principal hand therapist practicing since 2005; and Louise is a principal physiotherapist practicing since 2006…and we’re really interested in treating orthopedic and sports injuries and condition, and treating pain for good.
Orthopedic and sports injuries and conditions refer to painful issues to one’s
- bones, muscles, joints, nerves, tendons and ligaments
- ie neck, back, hip, knee, calf, ankle, foot, shoulder, elbow, wrist, hand and fingers
Where To Next
- Go to Home / Start
- Learn and find out more about your orthopedic / sports pains (bones, muscles, joints, tendons, ligaments, nerves etc) at Pain Conditions & Injuries
- Explore pain relief physiotherapy treatments as well as pain relief products & solutions
- Ask our physiotherapist and hand therapist questions about your specific pain.
- Read our latest articles at our blog
- Contact us to suggest topics / pain relief products for us to review; for media inquiries or even to say hi (we'd love to receive mail thanking us for helping with pain relief).